Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Paddling Baja

The 2008 Southwest Kayak Symposium Friday, March 28th - Sunday, March 30th is coming closer. I wont make it this year but I hear that the event is as polular as ever with a great line up of instructors.
I joined this incredible group of paddlers for a paddling adventure, rock hopping in Baja. It included some of the very finest sea kayakers in the world. Like Southwest Kayak Symposium head honcho and owner of San Diegos Aqua Adventure, Jen Kleck. She is the FIRST American BCU Level 5 Sea Kayak Coach in history and as far as I know still the only one? Another of the few people world wide to have qualified as a British Canoe Union (BCU) Level 5 i was Steve Maynard of Sea Kliff Seakayakers. Dutch paddling personality Axel Schoevers, Sweetwater Floridas Russel Farrow and Jean Totz, no fear Jont Turner and the legendary Nigel Foster also joined the group making me feel sort of out of place...

No comments: